Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Curry at your own risk!

Came back home early yesterday with my stomach doing all sorts of somersaults. My office lunch group went to Restoran Mafana, which serves local 'Mamak' cuisine and even though the better part of my inner self was cringing looking at the spread of red, brown and black colored gravy, I just had to have 'nasi separuh, kuah semua kasi campur..' or half plate of rice with all the gravy on top.

By 5 p.m, I was already out of the loo twice! The torture continued at home, until I downed a glass of the ever-reliable 'ENO' (thanks GlaxoSmithKline), when subsequently peace was restored back to normal.

Which brings me to the question, what's the best way to prepare a glass of 'Eno'?

I would normally mix a sachet with 3/4 glass of warm water, but my brother vouches on the tomb of his dead cat that cold water works much better.. The thing is, I have realized after hitting 30, that my stomach is weakening after all the past abuse I've administered. I can no longer have food with ice-cold water, nor can I tolerate too much hot chillies anymore.


Funnily, have a look at Wikipedia's definition of indigestion:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indigestion

Eating high-fat foods too quickly? Well, maybe that was true in my case, cause I had lamb curry, while talking to the guys as well.. Hey, lesson learned!

The good thing about being home early was that I was able to play with my kids, especially my son, who has learned to invite you to have food with him *_*

Still thinking on how to get him to tell me when he's taking a crap, so that I can cut down his nappy allowance. Btw, I use Mamy Poko for my newborn because it seems when her stool gets a tad bit runny (reminds me of the lamb curry, blegh..) it doesn't ride up her waist because it has a special containment flap that prevents such upward flow. It is a premium brand, and costs about RM0.65 per piece for a pack of 52's, but the trouble it saves by not having to change your baby's clothes every time she takes a dump is really worth it.

Do register your self with the club to get all sorts of advice on raising your kids. There are freebies for new members as well:

http://www.mamypokoclub.com/

No comments: